Jitsi from marketplace “already installed” and cannot be removed/activated

Description

I have recently migrated from docker to a virtual machine, by exporting the mongodb database and everything works except that the two apps that I had installed with docker

• jitsi
  • giphy
    are not showing up as installed, but when I try to install them from the marketplace, I get the following error.

Apps_Error_App already exists.

Server Setup Information

±----------------------------------------------+
| SERVER RUNNING |
| |
| Rocket.Chat Version: 6.3.6 |
| NodeJS Version: 14.21.3 - x64 |
| MongoDB Version: 6.0.10 |
| MongoDB Engine: wiredTiger |
| Platform: linux |
| Process Port: 3000 |
| Site URL: http://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3000 |
| ReplicaSet OpLog: Enabled |
| Commit Hash: db43ef890b |
| Commit Branch: HEAD |
| |

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server:
  • Operating System: debian 12
  • Deployment Method: tar
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version:
  • MongoDB Version:
  • Proxy: nginx
  • Firewalls involved:

Any additional Information

not exactly sure how to get any extra info. I am not sure how to uninstall, or remove from command line the point to the file that it think exist, but in fact does not.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
I have beeen looking at this for week, and I have seen that it’s happened before and been resolved, but I didn’t see any usable repeatable information involving a fix.

I have the exact same issue with Giphy. Had to restore Rocket.chat to a brand new server because after a reboot, it wouldn’t start. So backed up and imported mongo to new server.

Now getting Apps_Error_App already exist trying to install Giphy. It isn’t listed as already installed. No way I can find to see or remove whatever it thinks is there.

I am beginning to think that this is something that would have to be manipulated in the database. If I had the knowledge to as to where it’s located, I wouldn’t mind mucking around, but I’m no DBA, I might push this over to github.

@jeremyjpope ill be darned if the problem hasn’t resolved itself.

all of a sudden, jitsi and giphy work. I didn’t do anything and blam, it’s fixed.

maybe it was that something had to age out in the database, who knows, just wanted to let you and anyone else know.

It’s still happening for me. But I hope it does clear up. I do think it’s in the db, but I don’t know where to look to find it.