iOS 3.0 released

I can see your frustration on this and I wrote few words about my frustration also here. Basically, having the setting Store_Last_Message disabled by default is a huge mistake for the new ecosystem of Rocket.Chat and should be enabled by everyone. Please enable that and you’ll be able to see the list with the last message text, the unread indicator (on the date for channels, because there’s no way for the clients to know how many messages are unread in groups/channels today) and the sorting will make much more sense to you.

Thanks for pointing that, I just created an issue for that and we’ll figure out how to deal with it.

You’re suggesting that one view stays dark and one stays light? We tried this options and it really doesn’t feel right in mobile, because you’ll only see one content instead of two at the same time (like on the web).

Please, see my comment about the Store_Last_Message, enabling it will change your life forever.

Great suggestions here! Just added one issue about that: [NEW] Support dragging the whole list of messages instead of just the "left-corner" · Issue #2007 · RocketChat/Rocket.Chat.iOS · GitHub.

Thanks, also created a new issue for that: [BUG] Composer "autocomplete" is being hidden on multiple lines · Issue #2008 · RocketChat/Rocket.Chat.iOS · GitHub.

I appreciate your honest feedback with all these screenshots and good ideas. Please, enable the setting Store_Last_Message in your server and try again, you’ll have a whole new experience with the app.

To enable it, just go do Administration → General → Store Last Message (turn it on). After that, all new conversations are going to start appearing different on the app.

2 Likes