How to connect multiple instances of Rocket Chat

Description

Hi everyone, Rocket chat is amazing.

I am looking for the correct way to connect multiple instances of Rocket Chat. They all reside on the same K8S Cluster. For now i am trying for only 2 of them to connect but later as a business requirement i need 4 instances to be able to chat with each other.

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 5.3.2
  • Operating System: K8S
  • Deployment Method: Helm Chart
  • Number of Running Instances: 2
  • DB Replicaset Oplog: ?
  • NodeJS Version: v14.19.3
  • MongoDB Version: 4.4.11
  • Proxy: nginx
  • Firewalls involved:

Any additional Information

I understand that the preferred setup is Matrix bridge but i all i can find is how to connect the server to Matrix home server and maybe that is what needs to happen but then i am confused on how after that i connect the next instance and how both will communicate with each other. Maybe i need to learn more about Matrix but it would help if someone can explain how 2 rocketchat instances will be able to talk to each other.

Hi @cebisch ! Welcome to our community :hugs:

Matrix is indeed the way to go when you want to federate multiple chat systems.

we have recently released Matrix federation, and you can get some great infos here:

Be aware that, for the Community Edition, Matrix is limited to Direct messages only, while for the Enterprise Edition, you can federate entire channels.

We are going to host a Open Community Call next month, and you can always bring your questions there:

Let me know if this helps :slight_smile: