How do I delete Threads

Hei there guys,

I am quite new to Rocketchat and I am a big fan of its functions, especially the function threads, that allows great overwiev and order of your chats.

But I wonder if there is an option to delete a thread that was made. I do not find anything like this. I can delete the whole direct message, and then all threads are deleted, but I am not able to delete single created threads, i can just unfollow them.

Please help me!
Thank you very much,
Enrico

Hi!

If you have the permissions, you can delete the messages that are part of that thread, and it will vanish.

For that, go on the three dots on the top right of the messages and delete it.

Hello! I also encountered the same problem, although deleting all the content of the thread will make it no longer displayed, an empty thread will still be displayed in the channel list, which can sometimes cause confusion! (And at this point, you can only enter this thread through the channel’s thread list, even if you fill in the content for it, it will no longer be displayed in the channel.)
I think I have found a more thorough solution,

1. Open your application in the browser
  2. opt1: f12 Enter the developer mode of the browser - opt2: Or simply click on the thread you want to delete
  3. opt1: Use element selection in developer mode to see thread information – opt2: Or click on thread to view the link above your browser
    The results are similar to
    Opt1:<div tabindex=“0” u=“[object Object]” data-id=“f2eqmyWWLuWHiozRQ” class=“rcx-box rcx-box–full rcx-message rcx-css-18oie0j rcx-css-136xdpx” …
    Opt2: https://yourserver/channel/file/thread/f2eqmyWWLuWHiozRQ
  4. f2eqmyWWLuWHiozRQ is the ID value of this thread
  5. Link to mongodb, find the value of _id=f2eqmyWWLuWHiozRQ in the corresponding library, and delete it
    Get it done!
    Remember to back up your database before the above operation, and the specific operation may vary depending on different versions

System: Linux 6.1.31- Installing Rocketchat 3.18.2 through Snap