we have RocketChat running on the following system
- Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.13.2 (the latest version at the moment on SNAP)
- Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04
- Deployment Method: SNAP
- Number of Running Instances: 1
- DB Replicaset Oplog:
- NodeJS Version: 12.21.0
- MongoDB Version: 3.6.14
- Proxy: caddy
- Firewalls involved: yes
The Server is running as vmware vm and we have around 30-40 online users.
The Server has 6 CPUs and 10GM RAM.
Is it a normal behavior, that almost all RAM is used? The system requirements on the RocketChat Docu shows the following information (1000 Users, 300 concurrently active)
- Intel Xeon E5-2603 v4 (or equivalent) [1.7 GHz, 6 cores, $213 USD]
- 4 GB RAM
- 500 GB hard disk or larger
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (with or without docker
We are far away from 300 concurrently active users and all 10GB RAM is used
We have 10GB Ram because the old Version 3.6.2 had a lot of memory leak errors and the server was not responding after some uptime.
It would be great if someone can tell me if this RAM consumption is normal or how we can handle this.
Thanks and best regards