Hello, we utilize Rocket Chat for some work things. Basically I have a trigger message occurring that has some links and I’d just like to disable the link previews for these messages.
See message here: https://imgur.com/1jbsTg2
When a user clicks the “I got this button”, those messages get deleted from the channel and placed into a “history” channel, which simply contains a timestamp and the name of the user who clicked the button (along with the text and links). It also displays the link previews in that channel.
We just want to disable them for those 2 channels entirely. If it’s a thing that can be done via the rest API then that’s fine too.
Server Setup Information
- Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.4.2 (we will be updating to 3.5.0 this Friday)
- Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04
- Deployment Method: SNAP
- Number of Running Instances: 1
- DB Replicaset Oplog: Unknown
- NodeJS Version: v10.19.0
- MongoDB Version: v3.6.14
- Proxy: CADDY
- Firewalls involved: SonicWall