We have noticed that our MongoDB storage keeps increasing. We used MongoDB
collections.stats() to have an overview of our Replica Set and it turned out that the collection
rocketchat_message_read_receipt occupied the most space (even more than
It seems to me that Rocket.Chat does not delete the messages’ read receipts even if the messages and the rooms are deleted (I checked using the source code on GitHub).
Can someone help me to clarify:
- Does Rocket.Chat ever deletes the read receipts?
- If yes, please guide me if this feature has to be enabled alongside with enabling Read Receipts?
- If no, do you know why Rocket.Chat decided to not implement that? Is it a bug or is it intentional?
There was also same problem asked How to shrink index of partly cleaned mongodb collection?.
|ns||size (in MB)||count||storageSize (in MB)||totalIndexSize (in MB)|
- Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.12.7
- Operating System: Ubuntu
- Deployment Method: docker
- Number of Running Instances: 3
- DB Replicaset Oplog:
- NodeJS Version:
- MongoDB Version: 4.0.5
- Firewalls involved:
Thanks for your time!