Desktop Program Startup not working

Description

I have recently deployed Rocket.Chat here at our organization and are using the desktop (electron) app. When we installed the application we checked the box to lauch at computer startup.

We now have sporadic issues where the application is not starting up for some ends users. I assume this would be a registry option but was unable to find it.

Where is the startup options controlled as I current cannot find where this is managed.

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 4.3.2
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04
  • Deployment Method: Manual
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog: Enabled
  • NodeJS Version: 12.22.1
  • MongoDB Version: 4.4.11
  • Proxy: nginx
  • Firewalls involved: none

Any additional Information

None.

Hi,
the option ask doen’t exist :frowning: , but very often asking …
I found this entry in registry :frowning: Ordinateur\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\StartupFolder

You have to put RC link in the startup entry of windows shell, in C:\Users[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.

I have the .lnk in the startup folder (shell:startup) and it still does not launch. I was hoping there is some way, other than a reinstall, that I could force this to boot.

If not, I guess my end users will have to deal with it.

And with a portable application and the link in the startup shell ?

Is the application portable? I installed the electron application for Windows from rocket.chat/install.

The link is in the startup folder.

Sorry to “Necro” this thread. I fixed this with a bat file I put into the Startup folder that checks what version of installer you used (MSI vs EXE) and then runs the executable.

Put this file in the startup folder.