Attempting to automate Rocket.chat login in iOS and Android app

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of enrolling and configuring a bunch of iPads (running on iOS 12.1.3) and would really like to figure out a way to automate the process to input the Rocket.chat server and username. This would mean the users would only need to type their password to sign in as everything else would be pre-populated. At the moment, my focus is on iOS, however I will need to do the same with Android tablets (Android 7).

Some of our iPads are DEP devices, while others are being enrolled manually, but either way they are being enrolled into SOTI MobiControl and have the same profiles applied to them. I am currently trying to configure the app using the following xml:

<dict>
<key>server</key>
<string>company rocket.chat server goes here</string>
<key>username</key>
<string>%ENROLLEDUSER_USERNAME%</string>
</dict>

I tried playing around with the tags, however nothing is working.

I was wondering:

1. Is this possible?
  2. Can anyone recommended a sample xml code that I can use to populate the “sign in to your server” and “username” fields?

Any assistance on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and I hope someone is able to help.

Kind regards

BMV

@bmv, I am trying to do the same with my Enterprise Mobile Management system. Did you ever figure out a solution?

Hi @Kppc1407,

Unfortunately the focus of my project at the time changed and I was forced to put this on the back burner. This is still a problem that I will need to figure out but I have not touched this topic since the posted date as there were no responses to my question. If you figure something out, please post it on here (and I will do the same) in the hopes we can help more people.

All the best.