Apps and marketplace fails to load... 🙀

Pretty much as it says in the subject headline.

Rocket chat fails to load the Apps window and the Marketplace window in the “Administration” pane. It does display a blank red error window but it doesn’t print into that any error message. As per screenshots below:

Apps:

Marketplace:

Server information and version:

The server is connected to the " Connectivity Services" in the Rocketchat cloud.
Selfhosted - community version.

Any ideas of what is going on? :thinking:

Thanks a bunch in advance for any help that could help me solve this issue! :heart: :+1:

Kind regards
DreamQuest

Hi!

Have you seen some logs about it? It can be on server logs or even in the browser.

This may be caused due to server connectivity. I have seen previous cases of server requiring a proxy, or not having internet access at all.

Hello and thank you @dudanogueira for the reply.

No current logs at the time being.
Where should I look for them in the system if you need a copy?

The server has access to the internet, (VPS). No proxy needed.
That part works fine. Can connect both through browser and the chat client and do various tasks too. But the app store is the thing that fails to load.
(It used to work in the past just FYI)

Kind regards
DreamQuest

Well. if it worked once and stopped, that’s strange.

How have you deployed it?

can you run a traceroute to cloud.rocket.chat?

We have deployed it through snap our own Ubuntu Linux VPS server.

That is not possible I suppose because we are not hosted by you guys, but self hosted/on-premise.
(Or did I misunderstand your thinking about the above?)

Thanks again.
Kind regards
DreamQuest

the idea of traceroute is to see if you have connectivity to our cloud.

you can run, at the server terminal:

traceroute cloud.rocket.chat

this will show all the path of a request to touch our cloud server. You may want to send this to me in private, or redact the initial IPs so you don’t unveil your production IP :slight_smile:

Thanks @dudanogueira
I see what you mean. How can I send you a private message?
Is it through the forums at your profile page?

Or do you have an work email at @rocket.chat that I can email too?

Thanks in advance
Kind regards
DreamQuest

hi!

It can be any of both. My email is duda.nogueira@rocket.chat

:slight_smile:

Hi Duda.
I’ve sent an email to you.

Kind regards
DreamQuest

1 Like

Hello @dudanogueira

So did you revive the email from me with the short screencast .m4 recording of the trace?

Thanks in advance
Kind regards
DreamQuest

Hi! Sorry for the late response.

so your instance does have access to the cloud.

Can you confirm you can sync the server, at the connectivity services option in Admin?

Hi :smiley:

Yes that works fine. See the screenshot below.

Kind regards
PowerQuest

I know this topic is a few months old, but did you ever resolve your Problem?
I have recently moved our Rocketchat from Snap 3x to Docker 5.x behind a NAT and reverse proxy, everything is working fine except for App Store and Cloud Sync which time out upon usage. The weird thing is, i can log into the cloud service and it registers fine, but then fails to sync because of

FetchError: network timeout at: Rocket.Chat Cloud

I can curl and traceroute cloud.rocket.chat just fine from the server and i don’t see any initial NAT issues that would cause the packets to be dropped.

Any available advice would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi! Welcome to our community :slight_smile:

If you run a new, fresh docker install on your machine, at the same network you are using, do you also face this problem?

Hello and thanks for your quick reply!

Yes, i am facing the same issue with a completely new deploy and no restored DB’s, in fact, i cannot even register the new server during the initial setup process due to this issue.

Packet sniffer shows that Packets from the cloud.rocket.chat IP are incoming and get forwarded to the correct server on port 5100. I also tested the snap install from a restore in the same network and the marketplace connected fine there, even though i didnt have any proxies set up to point to that installation.

Very confused as to where the rootcause of this issue lies since i don’t run any additional FW’s server side.