Android 2.1.0 released

Dear Rocket.Chat community,

We’re glad to announce the new version of the native Android app, 2.1.0.

Changes

• You can now save image attachments on your gallery when viewing it in fullscreen
  • Support for custom GitLab authentication URL
  • Support for custom OAuth authenticaton
  • Added French and Spanish language support
  • Support to open all kind of attachment files (PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, etc)
  • You now can see the status of everybody and change your own status
  • You can now recover your password if you forgot it (requires server version 0.64 or greater)
  • Fixed a bug on not receiving notifications with the app in background
  • Fixed tons of bugs related to real name setting, now we fully support it on the app

Contributors

Thank you all for helping us on this release! :tada:

More information

You can see more information about the release here.

Also, you can download the app here.

:star: Please, if you enjoyed the update, leave us a positive review in Google Play!

3 Likes

Amazing work. Thanks Android Team!

2 Likes

hi
thx, bot not compatible with my device(lg e988 Android 4.4)
:frowning:

Hey @alirezaimi

Android 4.4 is welllll out of date and is not supported anymore even by the Android developers. While I’m sure the developers of the Rocket.Chat Android app are trying hard to be as backwards-compatible as possible, it’s just not always possible. You best bet is to upgrade to a recent version of Android.

Cheers
Thomas

3 Likes

woohoo, Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Yes ! but most of apps still works fine on android 4.4 !!
I can not upgrade my android because my device company(lg e988) dose not provide any !!

If there’s a chance to support android 4.4, i appreciate it.

I feel you, I really do. I myself am really pissed off about the state of affairs when it comes to vendors not supporting sometimes even devices only 2 years old. It’s a waste of resources to throw away those devices just because they are not supported anymore and just because it creates more revenue to simply push out a new device instead of supporting old ones.

Yet I stand by my initial assessment of the development situation, as it doesn’t make any sense to develop against a dead Android version.

Cheers
Thomas

2 Likes

It is possible to integrate in android native application as my in existing android native…

Please suggest how to integrate if possible
.thanks in advance