Why is there 30sec push notification delay when user is tagged in channel but no delay when user received DM?

Description

Hi, I just set up rocketchat server. I had also migrated to wiredtiger and mongodb 5.0. I’m testing whether I receive push notifications ok (didn’t test before). I changed some accounts-> default user preferences and they look like this:

I created a 2nd account. 1st account doesn’t have web app open, only signed in on mobile ios app. I send dm from 2nd account to 1st account. I receive push notification nearly immediately, without delay. But if using 2nd account I tag 1st account in a channel, there is a 30 second delay before I receive a push notification on mobile.

How do I remove this delay? I already made push notifications to be sent only if there is a mention of user, not when any message appears, so in my case it makes sense to have 0 delay. I tested a number of times and the delay seems to be about 30 seconds all the time, so I guess it’s a constant.

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 4.3.2
  • Operating System: ubuntu 16.04
  • Deployment Method: docker
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version:
  • MongoDB Version:
  • Proxy:
  • Firewalls involved:

Hi!

Looks like we may have some undocumented settings that tweak this delays.
Can you please check if that’s your case here?

Thanks!

this says “Email notification delay can now be customized with the following environment variables”

is this variable only for email notifications or push notifications too? Because I had disabled email notifications in account default settings. @dudanogueira

and how to set it?

Worth giving it a try.

Also, can you see some any logs regarding this issue?

According to here:

you can add to your environment variables:
OVERWRITE_SETTING_ NOTIFICATIONS_SCHEDULE_DELAY_ONLINE=10