Where can I find the detailed document

Although we can find some document on Rocketchat official website at https://rocket.chat/docs, but where can I find more detailed documentation. for example, there are many information in REST API like channels, groups, chat and so on, but how to use them, how to organise them together to complete a meaningful things? where can I find such information? thanks in advance

Hi @yuhua!

Our API docs actually already have an example (curl) request (and response) for each of the available endpoints/routes documented.

Since REST are actually just plain HTTP requests and our API can be used within any programming language that has a HTTP client available - using curl is an easy and clear way to describe how the endpoint in question is being used.

Maybe you can explain a bit more what you’re trying to achieve and we can give you some ideas on how you can make use of our API to approach this.

Jonas.

1 Like

@yuhua Could you find any solution?

Nope. as a newbie of Rocketchat, the official document is too difficult for me :slight_smile:

Nope. as a newbie of Rocketchat, the official document is too difficult for me :slight_smile:

What exactly are you trying to accomplish, the documentation is pretty extensive.

The documentation is not going to teach you how to use a Rest API, that’s assumed knowledge. The API Documentation already contains samples that you can pretty much copy and paste and they work.

It’s also not going to tell you ‘how to organise them together to complete a meaningful things?’ - That’s entirely dependant on what you want to do with it.

If you dont know what you want to use the Rest API for / How to use a rest API then why do you think it’s the solution to whatever you are trying to solve?

Maybe starting a topic with good links to how to use a Rest API will solve a lot of questions. I know that it is assumed knowledge, but with the popularity of rocket.chat sky rocketing it will help a lot of users that have no knowledge of the Rest API. I am one of them, but Google is my friend…