Update on Registration Requirement to Utilize Push Gateway

I agree with the message above.

Will it be possible from the administration panel to disable push notifications for all channels, regardless of user settings, while giving the possibility to make exceptions?

So - I turn off notifications for all channels, but leave exceptions that are important to me.

2 Likes

In fact, there should be two option per channel :

• A select list to overwrite the default notification config with a specific setting for this chanel
    (we already have something simmilar for “Hide system message” that we can configure per chanel)

• A checkbox to force users to use the default config for the chanel

Something a little like that :

Just leaving my 2 cents …

Some guys are mentioning Matrix … I’m actually migrating from Matrix to Rocket Chat. 3 years ago it was a Matrix vs. Rocketchat, at this time Matrix / Element looked better for me and I liked the idea. I was mostly happy, but they really f***ed the mobile client which is 90% usage of my user base. If you want to wait seconds each time after opening the app on IOS before your chat messages appear - migrate. If you want to set up OpenLDAP with PWM manager, and of course a ma1sd identity server to get just a slight control just about your users - migrate.

The “I’m waiting seconds each time” was the very last thing which made most users of my basketball club (NPO) to move back to WhatsApp, Arghh!

Link preview and voice messages … promised since years - nothing.

The push messaging stuff needs to be solved, absolutely! But 5k pushs per server is absolutely not enough! After 3 days of testing past migrating just me and my wife to my new server, my forecast is around 6000 push’s per month just for our P2P communications. 98% mobile. And I want to move up to 100-200 members of my basketball club to the server. This is not a company earning money but a non-profit-organization not allowed to earn money by law.

I fully agree that the RC team must cover their costs for their infrastructure. Nothing is for free, not even chicks (OK, listened too much Dire Straits in my youth :grimacing:). But - hey: Take a $5 per month for a community server for unlimited pushs! That’s fair - and if you even get only 1000 subscribers: How many gateway servers can you run for 5k per month? :wink: This fee will be easily manageable by home users and NPO guys - you’ll save your user base.

Second option: Build an optional FCM config into server and apps, so people can choose. FCM config / keys could be pushed from the server to the app dynamically. Building and handling own IOS and Android apps, maintaining it with each update is a high workload for most private, community or NPO server admins.

Mobile is not only the future, it’s the presence. Push notifications are the key factor for each messaging solution. Keep the open source thought alive, take some reasonable money for unlimited push messages ($5 per month and server) to cover your costs. Just my opinion.

8 Likes

we NEED something like this. otherwise we just can’t use it anymore.

Maybe we can all switch to Nextcloud when https://github.com/nextcloud/talk-android/milestone/36 is ready…

Hi Gabriel,

We have a Community Edition and we don’t know where we can buy those packages of 5k/10k notifications push per month. Another question is about the total, for example, if we buy 10 000 notifications but we only use 8 000 this month. Is the 2 000 left can be use for the next month ?

Thanking you in advance

1 Like

Hi Antoine,

Thank you for reaching out. Currently, you can increase your push notification cap by becoming a sponsor of our project at https://github.com/sponsors/RocketChat

Please note that it is not possible to carry over unused pushes between months.

Thanks.

Nice to see the packages are available @milton.rucks - if everything goes according to plan I should be in contact with you guys one of these days anyway, but nice to see Github’s sponsoring used that way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After nearly two months i got the information that i can purchase pro or enterprise licences, but no push notifications package. “We don’t have push notifications packages…”

Sponsoring (seen today) looks promising but there should be bigger packages. Push packages with 15k maximum is not enough - currently above 30k

I dont mind paying like 50$ a month for 50k push messages instead of paying around 1500 $ a month (200 users) for the pro licence with only 25k push messages and other features which i currently dont need.

Maybe there should be a dedicated push plan for self-hosted instances.

@milton.rucks Is there any chance for a reasonable solution ? Thanks

5 Likes

I agree with @tcdev0, and I will add a request to comment on the current situation. Give at least an answer in the form of “we think / consider the situation, etc.”.

I apologize in advance to the entire Rocket.Team that I write a lot on the forum. I care about the project, and I want to resolve controversial issues.

2 Likes

@sleepawalker.white @tcdev0 I think we are all looking towards the same solution and we also all are very fond of the Rocket.Team and care about continuing this way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This means that 90% of all active servers just have a handful of users. We have a user base of around 50 users, half of them using the mobile apps and we already create ~30k Push Notifications a month …

Where are the promised Packages for additional Push Notifications? Sponsoring is not an option as 15k Notifications in total does not meet our needs and we definitely don’t need Pro or Enterprise packages.

Moving to teams is becoming an more and more interesting option … it’s included in most of the Office Packages anyway …

1 Like

@kai I want to note: today you can have a maximum of 15k push-messages, which include free 5k. For “Self-Managed”.

fairkom already offers an alternative Push Gateway Service -> https://erp.fairkom.net/services/rocketchat-fairkom-push-gateway-cjdci

• 50K Push for 39€

That is reasonable.

2 Likes

And I guarantee that a bunch more will appear in the next couple of weeks. Lost money for Rocket.Chat, but in the end it’s their own fault by not offering the promised push packages
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

Shouldn’t there be an increase in push notifications for the $100, $1000, and $5000 sponsorship levels?

Thanks for your reply,

Just a question about your answer, we have seen those packages, but is it possible to buy like 2 or 3 times the Snacks one for example in the same month in order to have 2 or 3 times those 10 000 notifications push ???

Thanks

I implemented a self-hosted instance of rocket chat at my company a few months ago. We’re now going to go over the 5k limit, and I see no way of increasing my plan beyond anything other than “Community Edition”. Since I absolutely cannot let push notifications fail I have to rapidly abandon rocket chat and come up with another solution.
I really wish I could pay for more, but it seems impossible. I assumed I would be able to do this somewhere on cloud.rocket.chat, but that site seems to serve no purpose.
This is clearly a massive failure. The amount of $ left on the table here for you guys is probably huge, and you refuse to take it.

2 Likes

You are aware, that you can get (at least) 15k limit without a massive money spend?

1 Like

I tottaly agree with every single user in this community! Rocket.Chat must offer push notification packages and also offer an option to buy multiple packages for a single instance, lets say splitted to 10K push notification per package. Our Company had 125K push noticfications per moth. We stopped the channel notifications and currently we have 50K notifications. Yes it is important for us to receive push messages BUT we will never pay 15K USD even per year for such a simple and core functionality. We don’t need the rest of the futures in the Pro or Enterprise versions. We are happy with the community version. I also think that the most suitable price for both sides (the users and Rocket.Chat) is to offer unlimited notifications and to bond the price with the count of the users. 1USD per user per year is better than nothing. We have 2500 users. In the described scenario RC will receive 2500USD. At the current scenario they wont receive anything.

3 Likes

Hi all, i have a question.

When i followed the link to buy notifications i got the redirect to the github page. The problem is that I had to create a Github account and at no time the transaction has a connection with our rocktechat entity.
How do you make the link with the rocketchat entity? Is there a piece of information or a code to fill in?

Thanks for your reply,

Antoine