Unable to connect Stripe in Marketplace Publisher Portal

Description

Hello,

I am trying to set up a publisher account so I can publish a paid app in the Rocket.Chat Marketplace, but I cannot complete the Stripe connection.
Publisher Portal:

https://marketplace.rocket.chat/publisher/info

When I click the Connect Stripe button and try to complete the authorization flow, the connection does not finish successfully. As a result, Stripe remains unconnected in the Publisher Portal and I cannot proceed with the app publishing.

What I’ve tried so far

I’ve tried doing the same thing through different browsers at different times over the period of a month.

Any additional Information

Response Body:

{"error":{"message":"There was an error","code":"not_found"}}

Request Overview (sensitive data replaced):

GET
https://connect.stripe.com/express/oauth/authorize?response_type=code&scope=read_write&client_id=ca_my_client_id&state=placeholder&stripe_user[business_name]=MyName&stripe_user[first_name]=My&stripe_user[last_name]=Name&stripe_user[email]=myemail@gmail.com&stripe_user[country]=BG&suggested_capabilities[]=transfers&suggested_capabilities[]=card_payments

Response Status 404  [HTTP/2 404  493ms]

Request Headers Full (sensitive data replaced):

GET /express/oauth/authorize?response_type=code&scope=read_write&client_id=ca_placeholder&state=1b6c6d79-0958-4ecc-bdc6-66c11319ee3f&stripe_user[business_name]=My%20Name&stripe_user[first_name]=My&stripe_user[last_name]=Name&stripe_user[email]=myemail@gmail.com&stripe_user[country]=BG&suggested_capabilities[]=transfers&suggested_capabilities[]=card_payments HTTP/2
Host: connect.stripe.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:154.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/154.0
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.9
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br, zstd
DNT: 1
Connection: keep-alive
Referer: https://marketplace.rocket.chat/
Cookie: machine_identifier=placeholder; private_machine_identifier=placeholder; __stripe_orig_props=%7B%22referrer%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fstripe.com%2Fen-bg%22%2C%22landing%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fdashboard.stripe.com%2Flogin%22%7D; __Secure-has_logged_in=true; __Host-session=keyinfo_live_placeholder; cookie-perms=2%3A1787595703%7Caf; cid=placeholder; site-auth=1; merchant=acct_placeholder; __Secure-sid=placeholder
Upgrade-Insecure-Requests: 1
Sec-Fetch-Dest: document
Sec-Fetch-Mode: navigate
Sec-Fetch-Site: cross-site
Sec-Fetch-User: ?1

Response:

HTTP/2 404 Not Found
server: nginx
content-type: application/json;charset=utf-8
cache-control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate
referrer-policy: strict-origin-when-cross-origin
x-content-type-options: nosniff
strict-transport-security: max-age=63072000; includeSubDomains; preload

Timestamp: 6 Sep 2026, approximately 19:40 UTC

The Stripe authorization flow results in an HTTP 404 response after redirecting back. I can provide the exact request URL and full headers privately if needed, but I have removed query parameters, trace IDs, and internal Stripe routing details from this public post.

One more interesting thing is that in the console I also have two errors, both connected to the Stripe’s favicon:

Please advise.

No idea but I’ve referred for comment.

Someone from Rocket will respond this week.

We identified problems with our marketplace flows for external publishers. Team is checking on a cost effective approach to solve, but might be a while.