I’ve got an application ready to be published. I’m an individual, my code is open sourced on github, this application does not call any third party API.
While I understand the need for Rocket.Chat, I don’t understand legal stuff. I tried to use an online template, but I still can’t figure what to say.
Could you help me?
Thanks for publish an App in our Marketplace
I have seen some Apps only pointing to the git repository:
If the source code is available, one can easily audit the code for privacy concerns.
Regarding current topic looks like link to github is enough for TOS and PP.
But I received the conclusion from reviewers:
"Please update your account with valid Terms of Service links and also valid Privacy links. We require these before we can approve the app. "
Could you give me an advice on how to meet current requirements?
I am still waiting for a response from our security team but the gist of it is the following:
- You must link somewhere that states what you do with the data
- If your App uses another service, then you must provide links to that service’s own links (subprocessor type deal)
- If you don’t handle any data, say that but if someone else does then point to who does
- If the app is open source, point to the source and let people know they can inspect the code
For terms of service:
- Same items as above
- Indicate how support will be handled
These are for free apps and are my suggestions. Paid apps require actual terms and privacy, especially with how support will be provided. If I hear back from the security team and they don’t respond here, I will provide an update.
If you don’t have a place to host the above statements, you can link to a gist with the text for each.