Rocket chat via snap has error on restart of the application

So, I tired the docker install. I’m not trying to be rude here or insulting but what a shit show. While I got it up and working from your own docker-compose file in the docs/install section I was disappointed to find once I set it up I was notified on the dashboard/UI that the mongo db was deprecated. It sure was…several major revisions behind. I thought ok, I’ll just see if there’s a update db in the settings…nope. The error had a link to your rocketchat releases and db versions where I found out you can’t just update mongo to the latest supported…you have to go one by one. Then I found a user here that posted the same issue and a lengthy video on how he corrected it. It’s way too convoluted! He had to move the entire install to /opt and use a migration tool and go through a process of updating shutting down, updating shutting down over and over until he got to the right version. That’s what I mean by a shit show. The docker file ,your own, should have been on point from the start! Using docker is suppose to make things easier to install and keep updated… but in the case due to what seems as a lack of oversight on the dev team it was not. If this had been a deploy in a prod environment it would have caused major issues with downtime and management would have been looking at alternatives. It seems like the mongo database is a sore subject in general and especially with rocketchat updates working or failing. Since rocketchat is in the space of a professional communications tool, which communications is vital, this is a major downfall of what appears to be a superb product. Things should work right out of the box regardless of the install methods, updates should be flawless and easy; rollbacks should be easy which is why I was looking at snap since you can take snapshots. For example, zulip is easy to upgrade and the upgrading tool has a built in db migration tool that handles it all for you. They lack e2e which is why I was looking at rocketchat. Again, this isn’t meant to be rude or insulting but rather me sharing my end user experience. I hope this all improves. Here is a user here that solved this and as you can see it’s fare from ideal of what a end user should experience.

Upgrade Deprecated Mongo 4.0.28 - #2 by vmsman