New to docker, missing information in instructions

Description

Hello community people,
I’ve finally decided to try docker for the first time. According to guides, docker is working.

I’m trying to follow the rocket.chat guide at Docker Containers - Rocket.Chat Docs And I’m at step 6 “6. Create the docker-compose.yml file & local directories”

The bullet points state:
Create the docker-compose.yml file:

• Edit the ROOT_URL value to be your FQDN.
  • Edit the ROCKETCHAT_URL to be your public IP address. Keep the port (3000) the same.
  • Edit ROCKETCHAT_USER, ROCKETCHAT_PASSWORD, and BOT_NAME.
  • If your Rocket.Chat docker instance is behind a proxy, set the additional env-variable “Accounts_UseDNSDomainCheck” to “false” (this only works, if these is a completely new deployment)

I downloaded a file by curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RocketChat/Docker.Official.Image/master/compose.yml -O as suggested by following the link seen just above the make directories. When I open this file, I’m not seeing ROCKETCHAT_USER, ROCKETCHAT_PASSWORD, and BOT_NAME.

It seems maybe that there is another file that I should have downloaded that’s not in the instructions on this page, or perhaps the documentation hasn’t been updated.

Could someone please clarify? We all have to start somewhere… and it’s looking like even though it makes my food stop digesting and bile rise, I’m going to have to figure out this docker balogna.

(Whatever happened to the ole’ tar -xJvf software.tar.bz2 && ./configure && make && make install? I was even able to stomach apt install software)

Dang whipper-snappers.

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: unknown
  • Operating System: Debian 11.7
  • Deployment Method: docker
  • Number of Running Instances: 0
  • DB Replicaset Oplog: unknown
  • NodeJS Version: unknown
  • MongoDB Version: unknown
  • Proxy: nginx
  • Firewalls involved: none