Migration issues from 0.61.X to 0.63.X

Hello,

I’m trying to migrate my manual install from 0.61 to 0.63 but I am facing the same issue as https://github.com/RocketChat/Rocket.Chat/issues/10038 however I was not able to locate the npmrc file to delete as there isn’t a single isntance of this file on my server. The RC server is running with a dedicated RC user whose shell is redirected to /bin/false and home is /var/www/rocketchat (the tarball is extracted in /var/www/rocketchat/bundle.

I also tried, after stopping all my Node-related services, to clean and reinstall my Node+NPM environment. My RC is ran with a service script but the issue also exists when launching manually the server.

I realize it’s more of a Node related issue than a RC one but since it already happened to someone I think some people may have more specific pointer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Setup:
Manual install from tarball
Ubuntu 16.04
NPM up-to-date
Node 8.9.3 (version used managed with n)

We’ll need more details. Maybe include logs or something?

Well as I said in my 1st post, I am getting the same source issue as the one I linked with the very same logs produced that’s why I didn’t include them.

However since it was bothering me why I couldn’t make a simple upgrade I just backed-up all my data and relevant config, completely scrapped off the old install and re-did an installation from scratch. So I’m not sure what was the core issue.