Ldap automatic User import

Description

Hi,

i want to know if it is possible to automatic import the AD Usergroups over LDAP.
At the Moment i can only see Users after her fist logins. After that i can add Users to Teams or Channels.
So i want to add them before they Login first, so they see direct thier correct Group.

Hope anyone had an idea =)

Thanks

Thomas

Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 5.3.0
Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04
Deployment Method: Virtual Maschine Ubuntu
Number of Running Instances: 1
DB Replicaset Oplog:
NodeJS Version: 14.20
MongoDB Version: 6.0.2
Firewalls involved: yes but everything is open

Hi,
i think it’s only in the Entreprise Edition that ldap groups is supported, since the change made in the V4 branch.
It’s why we have a V3.6 version ;). Many features are in the EE version, with very high price … .too expansive
Good luck

Hi,

thanks for you informations.
I can add ldap groups, but i want to see the User directly. I want to click Data/LDAP sync and see all Users.
At the moment i can see only the Users after her first logins. And then i can push them in the Right group/Team.
Are so many features missing after version 4? Or do you think that everything is ok in version 3.8? Then I would look at an older version.
Do you know where I can get a download for 3.6/3.8?
We will use the product completely offline.

Hi! While 3.X will work fine, it will not receive security patches anymore :frowning: and will miss a lot of new features that came at 4.X and 5.X

What you can do, is use Rocket.Chat APIs in order to sync with your LDAP “externally”, using python for example. That will give you even more flexibility to add users to groups, like non mandatory groups where users can leave and are added only at creation.

let me know if this helps you :slight_smile: