CentOS 7 Segmentation Fault

I have been trying to upgrade my RC instance 4.7.4 with every new release and it remains to fail with a segmentation fault and it seems the developers do not care about this. I have launched numerous issues on Github and they are to this day open with no resolution in sight.

My latest report has been marked as closed, why I do not know. So I am hoping the community can assist with this, please?

I am going to repost my latest report here:

So after upgrading today to the latest release 5.0.5 from 4.7.4, I am presented with a common error most experience:

Aug 23 16:43:26 core rocketchat: /opt/Rocket.Chat/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/future.js:313
Aug 23 16:43:26 core rocketchat: throw(ex);
Aug 23 16:43:26 core rocketchat: ^
Aug 23 16:43:26 core rocketchat: MongoServerSelectionError: Server selection timed out after 30000 ms
Aug 23 16:43:26 core rocketchat: at Timeout._onTimeout (/opt/Rocket.Chat/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/sdam/topology.js:312:38)

To solve this, I added the &directConnection=true to my MONGO_URL and MONGO_OPLOG_URL strings. Then, I get a new error:

[root@core opt]# node /opt/Rocket.Chat/main.js
/opt/Rocket.Chat/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/fibers.js:92
					return fn.apply(this, arguments);
					          ^

Error: Must pass options.rootUrl or set ROOT_URL in the server environment
    at Object.Meteor.absoluteUrl (packages/meteor.js:1412:11)

And I fixed this by running

export ROOT_URL=https://rockethcat.example.com:3000/
export MONGO_URL=mongodb://localhost:27017/rocketchat
export PORT=3000

And now, I am at my Seg Fault with no solutions:

[root@core opt]# systemctl status rocketchat -l
● rocketchat.service - Example RocketChat Sever
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/rocketchat.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: signal) since Tue 2022-08-30 15:25:10 CAT; 2s ago
  Process: 48513 ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/node /opt/Rocket.Chat/main.js (code=killed, signal=SEGV)
 Main PID: 48513 (code=killed, signal=SEGV)

Aug 30 15:25:04 hostname systemd[1]: Started Example RocketChat Sever.
Aug 30 15:25:10 hostname systemd[1]: rocketchat.service: main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
Aug 30 15:25:10 hostname systemd[1]: Unit rocketchat.service entered failed state.
Aug 30 15:25:10 hostname systemd[1]: rocketchat.service failed.
[root@core opt]# node /opt/Rocket.Chat/main.js
Segmentation fault
[root@core opt]#

What to do? Its been months :smiling_face_with_tear:

Hi!

Check my latest comment on that issue

The initial issue was only about the connection error.

Unfortunately, for the segmentation fault, there is no ETA for a fix.

My suggestion, if possible, is to move it to a newer linux distro, so we can avoid this segfault due to old dependencies.