CentOS 7 Install Errors

I am doing my first install on CentOS 7 following this guide:

When I got to this step:

Try install out
Now lets do a quick test and see if everything is working before we continue:

node main.js
Browse to your new rocket-chat instance by opening your favorite web browser and entering the url

http://your-host-name.com-as-accessed-from-internet:3000/
Replace your-host-name.com-as-accessed-from-internet with the ip address or DNS hostname of your server you set above in the ROOT_URL

I ran node main.js and it errors out with:

Error: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20’ not found (required by /opt/Rocket.Chat/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/bin/linux-x64-57/fibers.node)
at Object.Module._extensions…node (module.js:664:18)
at Module.load (module.js:554:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:497:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:489:3)
at Module.require (module.js:579:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at Object. (/opt/Rocket.Chat/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/fibers.js:24:38)
at Module._compile (module.js:635:30)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:646:10)
at Module.load (module.js:554:32)

I cannot get past this point and I cannot access the site through mydomain.com:3000 or locally through it’s LAN IP on port 3000.

I thought it was the CentOS firewall at first but I opened port 3000 and it didn’t change anything.

EDIT:

So after some more searches, it doesn’t look like GLIBCXX_3.4.20 can be installed on CentOS 7, however the guide clearly states that this install is for CentOS 7, is that no longer the case? Does anyone know how to get `GLIBCXX_3.4.20’ installed on CentOS 7?

Hey @aipsteve

I have no definite answer to your question but wanted to advise you to check this issue on Github: Install 0.60.0-rc0 on CentOS7 · Issue #9167 · RocketChat/Rocket.Chat · GitHub

Could you give it a try and then maybe, if all works well, send a Pull-Request with an updated installation manual for CentOS (7)? That would be ultimately rad! :slight_smile:

Cheers
Thomas

Did the advice there help you out? If so would be great to know so we can make sure guide is updated. :slight_smile:

I had the same problem in CentOS 7 and the solution was the following:

npm install -g node-gyp
cd /opt/Rocket.Chat/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/
node-gyp rebuild
cp build/Release/fibers.node bin/linux-x64-57/fibers.node

And ready. It started without problems.

node main.js

2 Likes