I’m finding that when I edit a user’s user record, my email address is being inserted as the user’s nickname. Is this a known issue?
Server Setup Information
- Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 5.0.3
- Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04
- Deployment Method: Digital Ocean One-Click install
- Number of Running Instances: 1
- DB Replicaset Oplog: Enabled
- NodeJS Version: 14.19.3 - x64
- MongoDB Version: wiredTiger
- Proxy: traefik, I think
- Firewalls involved: none
Any additional Information
I just noticed this too: when I edit the user record, it does something that invalidates the user’s password. Is there a way to avoid that?
I have noticed this kind of behavior, but it’s due to the browser filling it automatically.
Can you check if that’s not the case here?
Thanks. That was it! Edge was auto-filling the nickname with a user name, and the password with a corresponding password, so just going in and making an unrelated modification was updating those two fields.