Botpress v12.x.x

I’m developing a BOT with a botpress
Is there a way to use it with Rocketcat now?

Botpress 12.26.7

Only v10.x.x
https://github.com/RocketChat/botpress-kick-starter

Build error
https://github.com/RocketChat/botpress-channel-rocketchat

Hi! Welcome to our forums!

Have you seen this docs?

We just had a Live Session where one of our partners implemented this live:

It’s in Portuguese… I posted the link exactly to when they start it.

but he basically followed the docs.

There was a small problem, however, where botpress tried to be at the same 3000 port of Rocket.Chat, and he exported an environment variable to change that on botpress side.

1 Like

Tnx!
I tried some modifications to the connection settings

Bot works fine on Rocketcat

Resolved
However, a text-only response

Now is there another thread to write about hiring to request a custom module?

I want to use the UI (skill, choice)

Not sure I understood.

You want to create a custom module for Rocket.Chat?

Or you want to create a proper botpress?

Botpress v12
I want to use it in Rocketchat

The advice video is for “Botpress v10”
I use v12

I tried some modules
Embedding was successful.
However, only chat was displayed

I want to customize the module
Displaying buttons looks difficult

Hi! Regarding botpress version, I have seen some users using the Ligero App (available at our Marketplace) to integrate botpress running newest version.

Regarding rich messages, it will depend mostly of the ending channels, or where the message is going to be delivered in order to evaluate if it’s possible to accept rich messages.

Is it “Ligero Smart Whatsapp”?
I could only find this on the rocket chat marketplace

It’s Ligero Botpress Connect, but for me it’s not working.

That’s strange. I have been in contact with some of our community members that were able to successfully put it to work.

I was not able to play around with botpress myself yet, but I have some experience with rasa.

We will work on documentation and sessions regarding this topic later this year.

Please, consider joining us in our Community Call and shout about it there :slight_smile:
https://app.livestorm.co/rocket-chat/community-open-call?type=detailed&utm_source=COMMUNITY

Currently I’m writing my own botpress connector app.
The only problem I’m facing at the moment is to hide my own input to other users.

That’s awesome!!!

Do you plan on publishing it at our Marketplace?

You can probably get som insights from here:

Or better, here:

yes my plan is to publish the connector to the marketplace.

I fixed my problem by changing from channel to direct message for the bot communication.
Next step is to implement quick replies. And fix the settings update problem.

There is an onSettingsUpdate event function but I can’t find any description how to update settings in this function.

Here is a screenshot of my Botpress App Settings.
Today I started the test phase in my company with a bigger audience.

I would like to know how big is the interest in an app like this?

That’s very nice!

I know some users that use botpress. Some of them are using the Ligero App, but more options is always good.

Maybe you can hang at our rocketchat-apps channel?

Thanks!!

Yesterday I found out, there are big JSON output differences from Botpress for Images and QuickReplies from Botpress Version 12.18.x to 12.26.x

When I started the coding of my app I used Botpress 12.26.9, now I made the app down compatible to 12.18.2

I hope there were no other differences in between.

1 Like

@frank.dase have you made any progress with your botpress connector app? I found this post and I would be interested. Were you able to make buttons (etc) work?
-Shane Southeastern Tech

I see the app in the marketplace but no instructions on setup or use? Does it work fully with v12?

Hi!

It should be very simple to integrate, basically, you need to configure the bot connector and point it to the botpress server you have, providing also the bot id.

let me know if this helps!

Thanks!