Anyone Auth0 SSO experience?

Because I couldn’t get oAuth SSO to work with Rocket Chat I am now trying the Auth0 service from auth0.com. So far I managed to login through this service from a Wordpress setup and also from Rocket Chat, but I still have to click on the login button in Rocket Chat. So no SSO.

Anyone who has this operational?

Thanks

Stef

We run Rocket.Chat with Keycloak using oAuth. Yes, you have to press the login button as long as your token has not been set, but you do not need to enter again the credentials.

oAuth is something different than auth0.com. I guess you have the same problem. Hope I will have this fixed soon. I want Single Sign On working. Having a second login page where you have to click again is not something I want :-).

Hi @chatdev

Were you successful in integrating a silent SSO authentication with auth0?

Cheers!

No, I still have to click on a button in order to enter the chatbox. Auth0 works like a charm, but I want to be able to enter the chatbox right away when a user is allready authenticated.

Actually had to set this up today for a test:

1. Create application in auth0

2. Set callback url: /_oauth/ (also found at top of the oauth section)

3. Take client_id and client_secret and set them in Rocket.Chat along with the settings the following way:

Key being:
URL: This is your tenant url in auth0
Token Path: /oauth/token
Token Sent Via: Payload
Identity Token Sent Via: Payload
Identity Path: /userinfo
Authorize Path: /authorize
Username: nickname

Does the accepted answer really answer the question? Following those steps results in a button that still has to be clicked in order to log in. So still no real SSO.

So, is SSO possible on rocket.chat with Auth0 as an identity provider?

This provides sign on with a shared identity. I think its not that uncommon to have to click a button to login on the other system.

But… I’ve seen others add javascript to the logged out users to click the button to make it immediately take them to login

Hi aaron, that seems to be a good trick. Can you please provide an example? Or a link to some code that does that?

Or at least where should that JS code be added?

Thank you

I’m experiencing a problem where users are receiving a message that they need to change their password. Login is being handled completely through auth0. Any thoughts where this may be coming from?

Hi Aaron,

Do you have any further info on how to auto let people in the room without having to click the blue button when using Auth0

Thanks