Allow multiple logins (browser, desktop app, mobile app)

We use Rocket.Chat with our own server in a larger sustainability community. Users like to use Rocket.Chat e.g. in their browser, then on the road by mobile phone. Each time, a new login is necessary, which is particularly time-consuming with the mobile phone app, as the server URL must be entered each time. How can multiple logins of one person in browser, desktop app, mobile app be allowed?
Thanks a lot.

@michaelflohr Check with your server administrator.

Most of us use Rocket.Chat across multiple devices, for years now.

Yes @sing.li , that works great too, but the problem is that when you log in with e.g. mobile app, you are automatically logged out in browser and desktop app. Our question is: How can you use browser, desktop app and mobile app at the same time or alternately without a log out every time?

This is NOT the default behaviour :

but the problem is that when you log in with e.g. mobile app, you are automatically logged out in browser and desktop app

You can leave your session logged in across all devices. Like Whatsapp or other messengers.

Thanks for your reply @sing.li!

I’m the administrator of the Rocket.Chat community mentioned by @michaelflohr. I can confirm this is not the default behaviour, but this happens for all users that use the Oauth2 authentication with another custom platform (which works well).

Do you have any recommendation how we could solve this issue?

Our server version is 2.4.9.

With server 3.0.2 we fixed some oauth issues.

It may be worthwhile to test 3.0.2 on a staging setup with these users.

If you still experience this with 3.0.2, then it is worthwhile to post a bug report.

This is happening to me, an admin of a self-hosted rocket.chat server, and it is driving me crazy because I have two phones I use all the time, and use rocket.chat on the desktop throughout the day.

But it is only happening since I upgraded from 3.x to 5.x