Access deleted message - Direct Messages

Description

I am an admin of a Rocket Chat instance and I’m trying to find out a harassment message sent by one of the employees to another that was later deleted by the sender after about 10 minutes or so. Since only once a day back up of the DB takes place, there is no way to pull that data out of the backup archives.

Can anyone guide me how to achieve this by using the APIs? Do I need to assign any specific permissions to the admin user? For example, when I try to get any room ID using admin user ID and Auth token, it gives me a “Not Allowed” error.

Request
curl -H "X-Auth-Token: <token>" -H "X-User-Id: userid" -H "Content-type: application/json" -g https://rocket.chat/api/v1/rooms.info?roomId='4axpKHmxZgek4w9aJyZvygXMeWaygtef6Z'

Response:
{"success":false,"error":"not-allowed","errorType":"Not Allowed"}

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 2.3.0
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04
  • Deployment Method: tar
  • Number of Running Instances: 1

Sorry but it seems delete = gone forever since it blanks out the message in the database. This is why we made it so users on our system cant delete messages.
on a side note it would be an awesome feature if there was hard and soft delete option where soft delete just hid the message and said it was deleted and keeps it in the DB or moves it to a deleted folder/trash that can be set to empty after X time by admin or something along those lines.