Windows 10 Pro Installation Guide

This is the thread about Windows 10 Pro Installation Guide. This guide is not officially supported by Rocket.Chat but feel free to contribute and discuss about the topic here.

The Guide can be found here: https://rocket.chat/docs/installation/community-supported-installation/windows-10-pro/

And the github page for that guide can be found here: https://github.com/RocketChat/docs/blob/master/installation/community-supported-installation/windows-10-pro/README.md

I’m running rocket chat on windows. But when I make changes to Rocket.Chat files, the server never automatically rebuild. And I can’t see the changes in Rocket.Chat I made.

1 Like

Hi, i am getting this error if following the all steps mentioned above…

rocketchat_1 | ➔ ±--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
rocketchat_1 | ➔ | SERVER ERROR |
rocketchat_1 | ➔ ±--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
rocketchat_1 | ➔ | |
rocketchat_1 | ➔ | Rocket.Chat Version: 1.0.3 |
rocketchat_1 | ➔ | NodeJS Version: 8.11.4 - x64 |
rocketchat_1 | ➔ | MongoDB Version: 3.0.15 |
rocketchat_1 | ➔ | MongoDB Engine: mmapv1 |
rocketchat_1 | ➔ | Platform: linux |
rocketchat_1 | ➔ | Process Port: 3000 |
rocketchat_1 | ➔ | Site URL: http://chatbots:3000 |
rocketchat_1 | ➔ | ReplicaSet OpLog: Disabled |
rocketchat_1 | ➔ | Commit Hash: f19473c626 |
rocketchat_1 | ➔ | Commit Branch: HEAD |
rocketchat_1 | ➔ | |
rocketchat_1 | ➔ | OPLOG / REPLICASET IS REQUIRED TO RUN ROCKET.CHAT, MORE INFORMATION AT: |
rocketchat_1 | ➔ | https://go.rocket.chat/i/oplog-required |
rocketchat_1 | ➔ | |

use the docker compose with replicaset oplog enabled … That would work !!

1 Like

Hello, rocket chat don’t work. error message =

Error: Error: Unable to find Mongodb Oplog. You must run the server with oplog enabled. Try the following:

1. Start your mongodb in a replicaset mode: mongod --smallfiles --oplogSize 128 --replSet rs0

2. Start the replicaset via mongodb shell: mongo mongo/meteor --eval "rs.initiate({ _id: ''rs0'', members: [ { _id: 0, host: ''localhost:27017'' } ]})"

3. Start your instance with OPLOG configuration: export MONGO_OPLOG_URL=mongodb://localhost:27017/local MONGO_URL=mongodb://localhost:27017/meteor node main.js

at BaseDb.handleListener (app/models/server/models/_BaseDb.js:51:11)
at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
at BaseDb.emit (events.js:214:7)
at _addListener (events.js:249:14)
at BaseDb.addListener (events.js:297:10)
at emitter.js (app/authorization/server/publications/permissions/emitter.js:4:13)
at fileEvaluate (packages/modules-runtime.js:336:7)
at Module.require (packages/modules-runtime.js:238:14)
at Module.moduleLink [as link] (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/modules/node_modules/reify/lib/runtime/index.js:38:38)
at index.js (app/authorization/server/publications/permissions/index.js:1:178)
at Module.moduleLink [as link] (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/modules/node_modules/reify/lib/runtime/index.js:38:38)
at index.js (app/authorization/server/index.js:1:1746)

then i am runed mongo db with this options
mongod --smallfiles --oplogSize 128 --replSet rs0

then i recived this error /app/bundle/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/future.js:313
throw(ex);
^

MongoError: not master
at queryCallback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/cursor.js:248:25)
at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:532:18
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:131:7)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)

how fix it ?

Hi, I encountered the same error as the user above.
Error: Unable to find Mongodb Oplog. You must run the server with oplog enabled.

I tried to start replicaset via mongodb shell using the command given but that had another error as well.

Perhaps, this can be added into the installation guide? Considering that this seems to be a pretty common error that users are struggling with and there is little information available online to fix this.

Hi
Can I change url?

Also I don’t want to write :3000 after it
Can you tell me how to do that?

Hi, i am getting error while starting,

Starting docker_db_1 … done
Starting docker_rocketchat_1 … error

ERROR: for docker_rocketchat_1 Cannot start service rocketchat: Cannot link to a non running container: /docker_db_1 AS /docker_rocketchat_1/db_1

ERROR: for rocketchat Cannot start service rocketchat: Cannot link to a non running container: /docker_db_1 AS /docker_rocketchat_1/db_1
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

can anyone attach the installation steps for windows

I had some of the same errors. Using the docker-compose file here seems to work. Rocket.Chat/docker-compose.yml at develop · RocketChat/Rocket.Chat · GitHub

Have you solved this problem?

Hi, i am getting error while starting,

Starting docker_db_1 … done
Starting docker_rocketchat_1 … error

ERROR: for docker_rocketchat_1 Cannot start service rocketchat: Cannot link to a non running container: /docker_db_1 AS /docker_rocketchat_1/db_1

ERROR: for rocketchat Cannot start service rocketchat: Cannot link to a non running container: /docker_db_1 AS /docker_rocketchat_1/db_1
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

Solution:
Hyper-V - enable
Use the WSL 2 based engine -disable

but new error:
how the docker compose with replicaset oplog enable?

1 Like

这个简单,使用反向代理即可,使用nginx将3000转成443

我想要开机自启动,我该如何操作呢?(是不是还要先启动docker)

Hi, has this method been discontinued?
I tried to access the Guide and the GitHub page, both the links aren’t active.

Any updates on this would be deeply appreciated if I am wrong about this or have missed anything.
Thank you :slight_smile:

It was never really started.

This guide is not officially supported by Rocket.Chat

There is still some info on the docs site - the original links have probably changed.

Just search for Windows.

But the simple answer is - avoid Windows. It is a massive resource hog and nothing but trouble.

I tried to start replicaset via mongodb shell using the command given but that had another error as well.