Webdav file upload

Description

I have activated webdav on my rocketchat server. Downloading files into the chat from a webdav source works fine, but when I try to upload e.g. an image the was posted in the chat to the webdav account I get the error message “file upload error” but no error message in the rocket chat logs is shown.
On the webdav server I can see the the folder “Rocket.Chat Uploads” was successfully created from rocket chat but no file is in the folder.
Firewall is not the problem I disabled the host firewall on the rocket chat server and the error was the same.
I have test it with an ownclud webdav share and an Microsoft IIS webdav share and the error message is the same “file upload error”.
Uploading files over the windows explorer works for both webdav accounts, so I assume the problem is on the rocket chat side.
I think I’m missing a setting here, I perhaps have to change in the rocket chat admin gui or over rest api to get this to work
I did not find anything over google and also I did not find anything searching this forum

Did anyone run into the same problem?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.0.4
  • Operating System: centos 8.1
  • Deployment Method: standalone
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version: v12.14.0
  • MongoDB Version: 4.0.17
  • Proxy: Apache/2.4.37
  • Firewalls involved: centos firewa<ll

Any additional Information

1 Like

does anybody use webdav in rocket chat?
Ist the file upload working in your rocket chat versions?

1 Like

I’d like to get this working, but I’m unclear what I should enter in the “Upload Folder Path” field?

webdav is working now with version 3.7.0.
IN 3.7.0 when I add my webdav account with the plus sign in the chat panel of my rockt chat user, I must only use a name, the WebDAV Url and username and password.
After this the account is created and I can add files from my webdav account to the chat and from the chat to my webdav account.
Rocket Chat creates a folder “Rocket.Chat Uploads” in the root of my WebDav Accoutn and all files I upload from the chat are put into this folder