I’m seeking some clarification wrt. how the ‘Also send to channel’ option in message threads works or should work with attachments. So far I haven’t been able to find an answer from the Rocket.Chat docs.
If a user adds an attachment to a message thread and selects ‘Also send to channel’, the attachment (or its name) is not shown in the channel, whereas a normal text message is. Is this expected behaviour?
Server Setup Information
- Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.5.4
- Operating System: RHEL 7.8
- Deployment Method: docker
- Number of Running Instances: 3
- DB Replicaset Oplog: enabled
- NodeJS Version: 12.6.1
- MongoDB Version: 4.0.20
- Proxy: Apache
- Firewalls involved: