Rocketchat scalability

Here are some questions to know more about the features of rocketchat:

• Is RocketChat able to handle 500000 simultaneous active users?
  • How is the scalability enhancement of the system in the case of user increment? Does adding new servers cause performance enhancement in Horizontal Scaling? If not, do we need to move to more powerful servers?
  • How does MongoDB scale? Is sharding possible in the rocketchat case?

The answer to this is essentially yes, but at that level the Enterprise edition has a lot of performance enhancements over the community edition and you probably ought to be thinking about that.

Clearly after that there are a myriad different items that would take a lot of discussion!!

Can I ask a bit more about your intentions of deployment? Is this business, government, University etc? Are you looking at a migrating form another system, or is it a new deployment?

By all means get me on open.rocket.chat if you want to talk in more detail or have sensitive information to share. I can bring other voices to the conversation.

Thanks a lot for your response.

I send a message to the sales part a few months ago but there is no answer yet. how can I get more information about the Enterprise edition?
I need to change or add some features to the current version of rocket chat. is it possible to make changes to the Enterprise version?

What a surprise, the Rocket.Chat team leaving an open comms loop, even when there is potential to do a deal!

As for the scalability, in a former life I helped implement a RC cluster for chat functionality in a web application. Way less than 500K users, and a maintenance nightmare.

It’s unclear how much of this is to do with Meteor sucking as a platform, rather than RC sucking. They have been talking about moving away from Meteor for years, Moving away from Meteor and beyond - #8 by rodrigo.nascimento being an example, which, you guessed it, is left hanging in the air. Who knows if it will ever happen. I know where my money is.

Hi! John will get back to you by tomorrow. He is having some login issues but asked me to ping you and update you.

Thank you so much for your patience.

What a surprise, the Rocket.Chat team leaving an open comms loop, even when there is potential to do a deal!

Yeah I’m actually on vacation, at dinner, and having login issues, but nonetheless talking directly to the OP already. Surprising as that may be.

I’d be really grateful if you could spend some time reading around, seeing what has been happening the last few months, understand that the latest versions already have a lot of community suggested fixes with lots more to come, and tone your responses down a little.

If you want change then help us.

Thanks.

Again, you’re on the defensive, no need, this is an open discussion. I was referring to:

I send a message to the sales part a few months ago but there is no answer yet

I used to help, remember. Now I just open issues and watch as nothing happens. I’m out.

And your comment was this which was unfounded attack, and hence I felt it necessitated an accurate response:

I can’t speak to for what happened prior to my taking up my post, but I was on top of this immediately - you can see from my immediate response

This is just speculation on your part. Just because there is no follow up doesn’t mean there is no action.

Please, I know you have a lot of angst and bitterness, but these sort of negative and unwarranted comments do not help anyone. Our new team is trying hard to rectify some of the issues of the past. But we can’t do it overnight.

In that case you have not been watching closely.

If you want to come back and help fix some of these things, or find out more, or find out what we have already done, then find me on open and I’ll happily discuss with you (it is easier than here).

Thanks.