Our CTO - and most important user - is frustrated with the way RC marks messages as read. He often gets several messages from users. When he enters a channel, he isn’t always successful getting thru all of the messages in a single session (busy individual). Yet, b/c he has entered then exited the channel and/or direct message, all messages in the same are marked as read. This means he often misses key messages from staff.
Is there a way to prevent marking new messages as read unless
- The users marks them as such OR
- Only those messages that are actually seen are marked as such
Any input, options or suggestions welcome.
- Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.14.1
- Operating System: Linux
- Deployment Method: Docker
- Number of Running Instances: 1
- DB Replicaset Oplog:
- NodeJS Version: 12.22.1
- MongoDB Version: 4.0
- Proxy: NGINX
- Firewalls involved: