IMAP error after auto-update to 0.63.0

Hi there, my snap rocketchat-server stop running after the this update. with the error of : Error occurred …
3]: Exception in callback of async function: Error: Timed out while connecting to server
3]: at Timeout._onTimeout (/snap/rocketchat-server/1246/programs/server/npm/node_modules/imap/lib/Connection.js:280:15)
3]: at ontimeout (timers.js:475:11)
3]: at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:310:5)
3]: at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:270:5)
3]: Error occurred …
3]: Exception in callback of async function: Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND outlook.office365.com outlook.office365.com:993
3]: at errnoException (dns.js:50:10)
3]: at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.onlookup [as oncomplete] (dns.js:92:26)
~
Any idea what is the problem?

Rocket.Chat 0.63.0 Released (Updated for 0.63.1)

What all do you have setup email wise? From that error looks like it was trying to communicate with the imap server and wasn’t able to get a response

@laszloborbiro also moved to its own topic.

Looks like a DNS resolution issue.

Can you check if you can resolve outlook.office365.com to an IP address?

$ dig outlook.office365.com

I have set up the SMTP for the email service. Using my 365 account. I use the same for my other rocketchat server without any issue with my other domain name pointing to my Raspberry pi server.

I have checked and this is the log : <<>> DiG 9.10.3-P4-Ubuntu <<>> outlook.office365.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

Is there any way I can reset the snap server and run it again?

Check the FAQ for how to backup and restore.

https://rocket.chat/docs/installation/manual-installation/ubuntu/snaps

Sounds like maybe your dns isn’t setup properly, or your device doesn’t have internet connection.

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for the help guys. I find what was the problem now. I was on holiday and my colleagues tidy up the server room and moved my server :slight_smile: . Its all working fine in server. I just have to check what the hack is going on with my SMTP settings. I will post the solution to help for others.

Hi all,

I have managed to set up the SMTP services for emails today. They all working fine now. I was not able to use outlook server for this version of Rocket Chat and it was working fine in a previous updates. My solution is to use google email server. I hope I can help to someone who had the same problem.

Great thanks for following up with your solution. :smile: