Email server setup using MS365

I am new to RocketChat and wish to configure the email server SMTP settings. I am using MS365 and have three options according to:

My preferred option is #3
" Configure an IP Address-based connector to relay email through Microsoft 365 or Office 365"

To enable this option I only need to configure a RELAY on my mail server, specify the my RocketChat IP address and a valid email account. No password is reqd.

I have double checked all settings however am still unable to send a test email.

rocketchat-1  | Error: Connection timeout
rocketchat-1  |     at SMTPConnection._formatError (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/email/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:784:19)
rocketchat-1  |     at SMTPConnection._onError (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/email/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:770:20)
rocketchat-1  |     at Timeout.<anonymous> (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/email/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:229:22)
rocketchat-1  |     at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:557:17)
rocketchat-1  |     at processTimers (internal/timers.js:500:7) {
rocketchat-1  |   code: 'ETIMEDOUT',
rocketchat-1  |   command: 'CONN'
rocketchat-1  | }

I am running RocketChat:

• Debian using Docker
  • Version 6.7.0

We have just identified that our hosting provider blocks port 25. A request to unblock has been sent and if the problems are ongoing I will respond again.

I was just going to say check port 25.

Note that more and more providers block this by default.