Compiling Rocket.Chat Electron v3.1.1 for release (Win/Mac)

Hello everyone.
I hope someone can help me with this.
I am trying to compile the Desktop app version 3.1.1 for production with the command yarn release, as of the README here:

However, the resulting executables work neither on my Mac nor on my Windows.

On the Mac, I have Catalina 10.15.
The build process skips the Mac signing phase because I am not using an Apple Dev ID - however, I am not planning to publish my changes at this stage.
The process exits during building embedded block map file=dist/rocketchat-3.3.1.zip with exit code 1 and no more details about the error. However the files are created.
But if I try to run the .app or the .dmg files, I see Rocket’s icon jumping in the tray for a few seconds and then disappearing.

On the Windows 10 machine (x64), running yarn release returns an error GitHub personal access token is not set, so I run instead yarn build; yarn electron-builder --publish never --x64.
The build completes with no errors, but still the executable Rocket.Chat.exe does not start. The installers seem to work, but after the installation, Rocket does not start. I get the error:
Cannot find module chokidar
So, I run npm install chokidar and again build and this time it cannot find rimraf. I install that too and it asks me for redux, then semver, and finally it asks me again for chokidar:

Error: Cannot find module 'chokidar'
Require stack:
- dist\win-unpacked\resources\app.asar\app\main.js
-
    at Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:961:15)
    at Function.o._resolveFilename (electron/js2c/browser_init.js:257:921)
    at Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:844:27)
    at Function.Module._load (electron/js2c/asar.js:769:28)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1023:19)
    at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:77:18)
    at dist\win-unpacked\resources\app.asar\app\main.js:736:103 {
  code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND',
  requireStack: [
    'dist\\win-unpacked\\resources\\app.asar\\app\\main.js',
    undefined
  ]
}

Edit: I also tried yarn add chokidar instead of npm, but the result is the same. I still get this error.

If I use yarn start, the client works
Maybe I am missing some steps?

Thanks.

It seems the fix was easy. Simply, chokidar was listed in the devDependencies rather than the dependencies inside package.json.
Including it in dependencies too solved the problem.