Can't set up Email Inbox : 'match error' - nothing in logs

I successfully deployed a brand new 4.8.1 instance and SMTP works for system emails.

Now I tried to configure the same email also as an inbox but I am getting “Match Error” in the Admin > Settings UI when trying to save my configuration. Nothing appears in the logs. I know it’s alpha but it seems this works for others.

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 4.8.1
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 18.4
  • Deployment Method: Docker
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version:
  • MongoDB Version: 4.2.21
  • Proxy: NGINX
  • Firewalls involved:

SMTP & IMAP, both SSL/TLS on 993/587

Hey, could you solve it? Or are there any news on this. Experiencing the same problem and tried it with different e-mail-addresses, with and without SSL/TLS, including one with which it worked before.

Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 5.0.4

Heya @lambdabundesverband yes, I solved the data entry issue - the solution was to have a a department defined and selected when you set up the mailbox, you also have to reselect it every time you make changes. This clearly is a bug because ‘Department’ is an optional field.

However my email inbox still does to work (no useful server logs either) and I am waiting for Rocket Chat support for weeks to help us sort it out.

Thanks for your reply!
I meanwhile managed to add it via API Set email inbox - Rocket.Chat Developer

there you can leave “department” empty, and it gives back useful error messages.
Nevertheless editing via GUI is still not possible. Definitely a bug.

It works for me, although I don’t get SMTP working with encryption, always getting a SSL error…

error:: 139621660891008:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number:../deps/openssl/openssl/ssl/record/ssl3_record.c:332