Allow privileged user to be invisible in members list

I’d like privileged users to be able to join a channel (or have an admin add them) in an invisible mode, meaning their join/leave messages won’t be displayed and they will also not appear on the members list.

This would be fairly easy to implement… Would you want them to be able to reply?

I believe currently privlidged users can see inside a channel without joining it. You would want to also get notifications, etc?

This could be done by filtering out anyone with a specific role from the channel list query and the join / leave messages.

I think it would be ok for them to reply. The only request is that they are not visible in the members list and the system messages. So maybe having a flag on their subscription. Then the method to get room users could filter out the ones with that flag. Then we could also simply not create the system message when user joins (createUserJoinWithRoomIdAndUser method).

I’d like privileged users to be able to join a channel (or have an admin add them) in an invisible mode, but they send messages might have a symbol, for example 1,2 or others, for your reference.

This would be nice to hide service accounts too, like a bot, from the member/search list.

Yes, it’ll be a great features.
I have the same ask for the VIP user’s not able to be joined by other user.
Create group in RC will be a godd feature to organize user’s and permission between group : i’d like user can’t join VIP(president, director) for discussion but member’s of same group can see and discuss eachother.

Any update on this? I want to hide users from showing publicly to everyone on the server. Only if you know the username of your friend or search on the server, you can add him to your contact list.