I am supporting a small callcenter of about 50 agents. We switched from Slack to Rocket.Chat a few weeks ago. This issue has been happening since installation. All agents are using the Desktop App Version 2.16.2 on Mac Minis.
A few agents will not get Audio Notifications from DMs but will get Desktop Notifications. I have Default User Preferences > Audio Notifications Default Alert = All Messages.
If I manually set Audio Notifications to All Messages on the DM channel on the Agent side they still do not get Audio Notifications.
There are random agents that will not receive notifications from DMs or no audio notifications at all. Sometimes I can fix this by recreating the user profile and uninstalling/reinstalling the Rocket.Chat application. I use the direct download link from the rocket.chat download page instead of through the Apple App store.
Agents usually have Rocket.Chat app open on their screen as they have multiple monitors.
Server Setup Information
- Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 2.1.1
- Operating System: Linux
- OS Release: 4.15.0-1043-aws
- OS Total Memory: 3.85 GB
- OS Free Memory: 1.58 GB
- Number of Running Instances: 1
- NodeJS Version: v8.16.2
- MongoDB Version: 4.0.13
- Apps Engine Version: 1.6.0
- SSL is on.
- Total Users: 52
Any additional Information
I20191126-06:30:00.007(-5) SyncedCron ➔ info Starting “Generate download files for user data”.
I20191126-06:30:00.009(-5) SyncedCron ➔ info Finished “Generate download files for user data”.
I20191126-06:30:00.012(-5) SyncedCron ➔ info Not running “Generate download files for user data” again.
- This is a repeating log if this helps. I believe it is because we are uploading user data.
Additional Setup Info:
- I enabled Giphy by using “Upload App” button instead of using a Marketplace account.
- I created a role “Supervisor” for permissions.
- Accounts>Default User Preferences:
- Idle Time Limit: 0
- Notification Duration: 15
- Audio Notifications Default Alert: All Messages
- Desktop Notifications Default Alert: All Messages
- Mobile Notifications Default Alert: Nothing
- Mute Focused Conversations: False