I updated my RocketChat server from 3.0.12 to 3.3.3.
After the update, the chatbot stopped to answer direct messages (DM).
I did a bunch of tests and discovered that:
- the problem doesn’t happen on the previous version available at DockerHub (the chatbot remains working on 3.012 and 3.2.2 versions)
- if I set a word trigger in the Rocket’s outgoing integration, the bot answer again at the 3.3.3 version.
- I avoided the problem by manually downgrading to version 3.2.2
Before opening an issue at Github, I’d like to know if this is a problem for someone else besides me.
Server Setup Information
- Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.3.3
- Operating System: Linux (CentOS 7)
- Deployment Method: docker
- Number of Running Instances: 1
- DB Replicaset Oplog: true
- NodeJS Version: v12.16.1
- MongoDB Version: 4.0.10
- Proxy: nginx
- Firewalls involved: none